Tuesday, August 11, 2009

100 cubic feet per second!

Well the rain trickling down from the area has finally shown up on the USGS creek gage. I have been checking the website all night since the rain started with only minor increase in flow rate and gage height. Then all of a sudden at 1:30am, it spiked to over 100!

We had a good spike in June and one in July... and I think one in May too. But we needed it. I have been trying really hard to keep a flow running through the small creek to keep the big hole under the bluff clean and clear. I was digging rocks out just after the first rain to make sure if the water went up it would clear. Now that water where I was digging out a channel is now at least six inches. On Firecracker Island the chairs were in water! So nice when the creek goes up.

And a bonus - Tom has cleared the land between the blue house and the small creek (and even across Snake Island in one part), so I can see the water from the blue house!

No comments:

Post a Comment