Friday, December 24, 2010

Bird in the Hand


I held a cardinal in my hands today.

A beautiful male cardinal with his little heart pounding so fast. He had been trapped on theh patio of the little house (screen door open) and was having a hard time finding his way out. He kept flying into the screen and I was worried he would hurt himself. I tried and tried to direct him with no success. Jake's interest was no help

either! He finally flew to the golf clubs and was kind of between the screen and the clubs, flustered and weary. I started talking to him with a soothing voice and crept up on him slowly and he allowed me to grab him. He was so beautiful and his heart was just pounding! I held him close and let him calm down. I wasn't sure if he was hurt or not. I went over to the other house to show mom through the window - I didn't know if she had ever seen one up close. She came out of the house and admired him for a few seconds. I walked over to a bird bath as to set his feet down on it, and he flew immediately away - just fine!

Maybe a visit...

No comments:

Post a Comment